Editing and Proofreading
When you book an appointment at the WRC, your tutor can give you strategies for editing and proofreading, in addition to providing tips for revision, helping you brainstorm, or giving you feedback on your writing so far. Our goal is to help teach you to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, help you find answers, and help you learn how to research, write, revise, proofread, and edit on your own. We want you to become a better writer by learning how to improve the quality of your writing overall, not just to improve the quality of one specific paper.
Here is a list of online resources for further tips on editing and proofreading:
- Editing and Proofreading and Proofreading from The Writing Center at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Where Do I Begin? from Purdue OWL
- Proofreading from The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Editing & Proofreading Strategies from The University of Minnesota
- Strategies for Editing and Proofreading from Metropolitan State University of Denver