Transfer Students

Your transcript on Banner will show what credits you have received from previous institutions.

Transfer students have the same First-Year Writing (FYW) requirements as a new freshmen. If you transfer in ANY credit that is equivalent to a FYW course, you have satisfied your First-Year Writing requirement at UNC Charlotte. Check with your advisor to see if you are required to take LBST 2301 (Critical Thinking and Communication) as part of your General Education requirements.

If you transfer in with 64 or more credit hours from a U.S. institution, you will be exempt from meeting the first-year writing requirement for General Education. If any of your transfer credit is from a non-U.S. institution, please contact First-Year Writing Director, Angela Mitchell, at to see about possible exemptions.

Contact Angela Mitchell if you want your transfer credit evaluated.